Birthdays

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Card

So I took this idea from my sister-in-law. I really wanted to send out christmas cards this year but decided that we probably couldn't afford it. So here is an online card of what has been going on. This year was a year with lots of big changes. Starting in January Richard left to go to Boise for 10 weeks for post for the police department. I had to stay behind because I was still in school and had work. It was a little rough but he was able to come home on the weekeneds so I survived. Well at the end of April we decided that we no longer wanted to be renters so we decided to buy a house. We absolutly love it, even though it is expensive getting all the stuff for a house. Well Richard got through his training phase with the police department well and is now out on his own. I took an evening dental assisting class that I have now since finished and am planning on getting a job in January.
As for church we both were primary choristers in our ward when we were in our apartment. When we moved to our house we imediatly got callings. Richard was called as the young mens secretary which he was very excited about and I was called to be the fourth sunday teacher in relief society. I was a little nervouse having never taught before but have grown to love it. Now just to show that the lord works in funny ways, just when I have become somewhat comfortable in my calling they have now called both of us to be cub masters. Richard gets to keep his calling but I will be released. I am absolutly terrified for this calling seeing as I have no brothers and no NOTHING about scouts. But I know it will be a growing experience and I will probably learn to love it as well. Well that is what has been going on with us. Hope all of you are well and are having a very wonderful holiday season.

Love.
The Jenkins Family

3 comments:

Jennifer Lyn said...

I didn't know about your new calling! Good luck with the Scouts! We're excited to see you this Christmas!

Jaimie said...

Thanks for the update! It's nice to know what you've been up to for the last year. Thank goodness for blogs! :) Merry Christmas!

Lindy said...

Merry Christmas, Allison!
I tried emailing you to get your address so I could send you a card - please email me! That is funny you were put in as cubmasters - I had to do the same thing and it turned out to be fun! Good luck!
Lindy