So the beginning of our trip started out with some complications. Well actually some of it started the week before. The Thursday before we left, I went home from work early because I wasn't feeling well. I didn't have a fever but ended up getting one later that night. I woke up on Friday with a slight fever but was able to get it to go away and was feeling better. So Monday before we left I was feeling OK.However Monday night I woke up at 2:30 am and didn't really fall back asleep until it was time to get up. On Tuesday I started to not feel well again. Well Brandon had been sick on Monday and Richard was sick Monday night and Tuesday. Well Tuesday night I went to bed with a slight fever. So I did the same thing Tuesday night as Monday and did not sleep well. Well I woke up on Wednesday with a fever of 102.4, needless to say I did not go to work. Well I was able to get my fever to go away on Wednesday and get some last minute stuff done for the trip. So that night I slept a little better but not great. I woke up the Morning of the 18th like an hour early or so and decided I would get up and get ready so that I could go to the urgent care before we had to leave because I had another fever of 99.2 and had thrown up after getting out of the shower from coughing so hard. Well my plan kind of back fired because the Urgent Care didn't open until 8, I thought they opened at 7. So once Richard got up we packed, went to Fred Meyer and got some breakfast and gas, then headed to his parents house later then we had planned. Well since we were late I figured that I wouldn't get to go but we had to wait for some things so Brandon dropped me off at urgent care and then went home so they could pack. Well they swabbed me for strep and they Dr. looked me over. I didn't have strep, I didn't have a sinus infection, and I had some fluid in my ears but it was clear so he figured it was from being congested. Well he gave me a z pack any way but told me to wait a few days to see if I got feeling better before I took it. He also gave me Robitussin with codeine in it for my sore throat so I could hopefully get some sleep. Well because of all this we got a later start then we had planned. Once we got to the airport all the other students where there. I was feeling OK at this point but still was congested. So we got our tickets and got through security and then waited a little while for the plane. We boarded our plane at 1:30 to fly to Chicago. Once we got to Chicago we had like 5 hours or something till we flew out. We got something to eat, which was hard since nothing sounded good to me. Well at this point my throat was starting to kill again and I think I was slightly feverish again. So I took some cough syrup and tried to sleep. Well sleep did not come, some much for the codeine making me sleepy, and my throat only felt maybe a tiny bit better. So here is me and Richard at the O'hare airport.

So I have never been on a huge plane before so for me it was totally exciting. Flying to London we were on a 777. We had Individual T.V.s on the seats in front of us that you could watch movies, TV shows, listen to music of play games on. We even had a remote. Here is a picture. My camera died so the others are on my phone.

So I didn't have any way to check, but I think I spiked a fever on the plane and was constantly blowing my nose. From that it looked like it might be turning into a sinuse infection. I slept some what on the plane. I would wake up like every two hours though. The nice thing is even though we left at like 11:00 at night, they served us dinner and breakfast.
Well that was our first day, it consisted of only travel because of the time change.
Stayed tuned for Europe Day Two - March 19th
No comments:
Post a Comment