Birthdays

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Europe Day Two - March 19th

So We landed in London at around 11:30 am on March 19th. We got off the plane then had to go through customs. We then went and got our luggage then waited for our bus to pick us up. Our bus finally got there and drove us to our Hotel. Here is a picture of our bus.



Here is some old artist houses we saw on the way to our Hotel



So we arrived at our Hotel and got all checked in. The rest of that day consisted of going to the British Imperial War Museum, having dinner, and then going to see Stomp. Pictures from the Museum will come next in a post all its own. Dinner was OK, we had a choice of two appetizers, either a tomato soup or a Biscoti type bread with a olive oil something on top. I got the bread since I don't like tomato soup. It was pretty good. We had the choice of three main courses, pizza, chicken salad, or lasagna. I decided to have the salad. It wasn't gross or anything but the lettuce was not typical American lettuce. It was almost like dandelions and was hard to get over the texture because it felt like I was eating weeds. For dessert we could either get cheesecake or vanilla ice cream. I got the Ice cream and it was good. Three course meals were very typical when we ate at restaurants.

So after dinner we went back to our hotel and got ready for Stomp. Well we ended up running late and then forgot the map so we got lost. And when I say we got lost I mean way lost. We ended up being a 1/2 hour late but they still let us in. We just lost our really good seats and had to sit in the back. Well at this point in time I was feeling better because I had decided not to do what the Dr had said and wait to take the z pack. I was feeling so miserable that I took it once we got to London and got settle. Oh and I forgot to mention that while at dinner I got a bloody nose form blowing so much, not that you probably wanted to know that but oh well. So I was feeling better but because I had not slept very well for like the last three days I ended up falling asleep several times. I even started snoring once and Richard had to wake me up. Oh well what can you do. So here are a few of the things we saw or encountered on the first night in London.

The Tube, in London they don't call it the subway

In London they don't say exit or elevator. They say way out and lift

Here is a double decker bus

There is a gap between the tube and the platform so they have this sign as well as always tell to to mind the gap.They even have t-shirts.


Next: The British Imperial War Museum

1 comment:

Sarah Moeck said...

Man- seeing your pictures make me MISS London so much! I spent two months hiking through England a few years ago. We were in London for two weeks and it wasn't my favorite- but it was so amazing!! And you get used to the salad after a while :)