Birthdays

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 8 - March 25th 2010

So was our last day in Paris, very sad. So we got up, got ready, ate and then headed for the bus. Our first stop of the day was the Louvre. For those of you that don't know what the Louvre is, it is a very famous museum. It is famous because this is where the Mona Lisa is.

Here is a castle that we saw in the Louvre om the lower ground floor.



This is some old Egyptian jewelery that was also on the lower ground floor, I think.





All these pictures are also from the lower ground floor.















After the lower ground flour we made our way up to the ground floor. This is where we paid and could go to all the different areas. In the middle of the common area is this big triangle that you can look our of. Here are some pictures of it.





So here are some of the things we saw on the ground floor.

Sarcophagus of Married Couple



Winged Bull, Palace of Sargon II



Aphrodite, known as Venus de Milo



Here is Psyche and Cupid as well as another statue that I can't remember the name of.




Here is the Dying Slave as well as another one I don't know the name of.





The rest are form the 1st floor. I can't remember if we got up to the second floor or not but if we did I either don't have pictures or put them in the wrong spot. The first set of pictures is from Napoleon the III's apartment.















Here are some of the paintings







Joan of Arc



The Coronation



And here is what you all have been waiting for. The Mona Lisa. It has to be behind glass because even though they say no flash photography people still do and it is ruining the painting. It was pretty cool to see but it was smaller than I thought.





This is the Winged Victory.





And here are some pictures I took of some where in the Louvre of the ceiling.





And this is one of the chandelier.



Next the Eiffel Tower, from the top.

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

wow! great pictures! it's amazing to see how people use to live!

Amy Lovell said...

We need to all go on a vacation together, you guys know how to travel.