Birthdays

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

PARIS!!!!!

So after Chartres was headed to Paris. We got there in just enough time to check into our hotel and then head to dinner. The first picture is of the traffic as we were coming into Paris. I know you can't really see anything but I was trying to take it from the bus. I just couldn't believe how much traffic there was. After that is a picture of the door to our hotel. I didn't get any other pictures of our hotel but it was beautiful and the beds were amazing, probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on.







So after dinner we went back to the hotel to change real quick and headed out to see the Arc de Triomphe. Unfortunately we got there just after they closed to we were unable to go up to the top, this was very disappointing. However we still go to see it and got some nice pictures of it. The Arc is over 165 ft tall. The inside walls of the monument list the names of 555 generals. It also has listed many of the major revolutionary and Napoleonic military victories.













This is a picture of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier from the First World War. The Eternal flame burns in memory of the dead who were never identified know from both World Wars. A big ceremony is held here every year on November 11th.



Here is us at the Arc de Triomphe. I also saw the Eiffel Tower for the first time while we were here.





Next: Europe Day 7 - March 24th 2010

No comments: